What Seniors Are Saying
1. What programs and activities do you participate in?
I participate in volleyball, basketball, track, softball, HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America), SAAC (Student Athlete Advisory Committee), Dodger Senate, Junior Leadership, Silver Chord, Ambassadors, and National Honor Society.
2. What academic accomplishment are you most proud of?
I think taking hard classes and still obtaining a high grade-point average is a big enough goal for me. I plan on graduating high school with my AA from Iowa Central, so I feel like that will be a good accomplishment when I get there.
3. What’s your best piece of advice for younger students?
My best piece of advice for younger students is to not be afraid of what anybody thinks of you. Ask questions and get to know other people. Your life isn’t yours if you always care what others think.
4. What’s your go-to song or artist?
“I Remember Everything” by Zach Bryan.
5. What is your favorite class or subject and why?
I’ve always loved science classes in general, but I’m in this microbiology class at the moment and it’s super interesting to learn about the tiny microorganisms that are always around without anyone noticing.
6. What is your favorite movie?
“Prince of Persia” or “The Notebook.”
7. If you could have dinner with someone famous, who would it be and why?
Probably Ben Carson because his movie “Gifted Hands” was a part of the reason I wanted to become a neurosurgeon. He’s also been a United States politician, so I feel like he’d have a ton of life experiences and stories that he could talk about.
8. What are you working hardest on right now?
Definitely school. Adding online classes to an already hard schedule is difficult.
9. Who is your role model in life?
My mom and my best friend Carsyn always keep me going.
10. What is your favorite memory from your time in Fort Dodge schools?
Winning the softball state championship game will always be an amazing memory, but also every other game/meet in the four sports I play will always be the thing I look back on the most.