What Seniors Are Saying — In Step With James Orres
Fort Dodge Senior High
1. What programs and activities do you participate in? I participate in bowling, swimming, the National Honor Society and HOSA.
2. What academic accomplishment are you most proud of?
I am most proud of all of my academic accomplishments and being able to have a good enough GPA to be in the National Honor Society.
3. What’s your best piece of advice for younger students?
I would say to pay attention especially in your math and science classes even if you say you aren’t going to need it when you grow up, because you might end up deciding that you want to do something that requires needing to know the things you didn’t pay attention to because you didn’t think you’d need it.
4. What is your go-to song or artist?
Definitely has to be “Payphone” by Maroon 5 feat. Wiz Khalifa. The song just really gets me hyped up and ready to go.
5. What is your favorite class or subject and why?
My favorite class would be any science class I have taken except for Integrated Science. Learning about the body structure and how it functions really interests me. Also some science like physics has math that just makes sense to me because math is my second favorite subject.
6. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie would be either “Catch Me If You Can” or “The Wolf of Wall Street.”
7. If you could have dinner with someone famous, who would it be and why?
I would love to have dinner with Livy Dunne who is a gymnast at LSU because there isn’t anyone more beautiful than her and it would just be a flex to tell all of my friends that I had dinner with her.
8. What are you working hardest on right now?
I’m working the hardest right now in all of my college classes so that I can keep my grades and GPA up so that I can get into a good college to pursue the career that I want.
9. Who is your role model in life?
My two biggest role models in my life are both of my parents because they have taught me to work hard at everything I do and not to give up because something doesn’t go the way I want it. They have been examples of what they have told me and have shown me that if you work hard and do what you’re supposed to, everything will be fine. Other role models in my life would be people that also work hard at everything they do and never give up or fall into bad habits that are around them.
10. What is your favorite memory from your time in Fort Dodge schools?
Having a great time in my Comp class with my boys and always having a great time doing the work that is given.