What Seniors Are Saying — In step with Lainey Maehl
Editor’s note: This Q& A features high-performing seniors from Fort Dodge Senior High throughout the school year.
1. What programs and activities do you participate in? I’m a part of volleyball, basketball, track, Dodger Senate, A Capella choir, and Ambassadors.
2. What academic accomplishment are you most proud of?
I’m most proud of completing my AP Chemistry class; it was definitely the most challenging class I’ve taken.
3. What’s your best piece of advice for younger students?
You don’t have to pick and choose what you want to be involved in. There might be some conflicts, but if you want to participate, go for it!
4. What is your go-to song or artist?
Anything by Taylor Swift is always good, but her first couple albums are the best.
5. What is your favorite class or subject and why?
My favorite class is probably English or graphic design. I love reading, and graphic design lets me be creative.
6. What is your favorite movie?
I really love watching any action movies or rom coms with my sister, but “Uncle Drew” always cracks me up.
7. If you could have dinner with someone famous, who would it be and why?
Probably an elite women’s basketball player; Aliyah Boston is amazing right now, but Sue Bird is pretty awesome too.
8. What are you working hardest on right now?
I’m focusing on AAU basketball and volleyball open gyms right now so we can have our best seasons yet!
9. Who is your role model in life?
Both of my parents are huge role models for me. My mom is the friendliest person you’ll ever meet, and both of my parents are super competitive and hard-working, which I hope keeps rubbing off on me.
10. What is your favorite memory from your time in Fort Dodge schools?
I love all of my sports memories, especially team times and bus rides, but I’m so excited for the memories I’ll get to make with my younger sister when she can compete as a freshmen this year!