What Seniors Are Saying
Fort Dodge Senior High, Class of 2022
Editor’s note: This Q& A features high-performing
seniors from Fort Dodge Senior High and
St. Edmond High School throughout the school year.
1. What programs and activities do you participate in?
I participate in band and play the bass drum.
2. What academic accomplishment are you most proud of?
I’m most proud of being one of the leaders in drumline and am looking forward to having fun with the 2021 show.
3. What’s your best piece of advice for younger students?
My best piece of advice for underclassmen would be to not let yourself get behind in classes, also to be you and don’t let people tell you how you should be. The four years go by so fast, so treat every day like it’s your last.
4. What is your go-to song or artist?
My go-to song is “Don’t Stop” by Megan Thee Stallion, especially because it’s a great song to have playing during passing time to give you that extra confidence boost.
5. What is your favorite class or subject and why?
My favorite subject is art because it’s really relaxing to have a period where you get to decide how you want to do your assignment and you can express yourself in it.
6. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie is “Hidden Figures” because it’s such a powerful movie and is very inspiring for younger generations.
7. If you could have dinner with someone famous, who would it be and why?
I mean to be honest, I would have dinner with Nicki Minaj. She has had a lot of scams and hate trains and she is still going to make music for us. She isn’t letting the hate get to her and I would want to know how she stays so strong.
8. What are you working hardest on right now?
I’m trying to focus on working hard at my abilities to balance multiple things at once. You know with school, social life, work, and family, it’s hard for students in today’s world.
9. Who is your role model in life?
Again I would have to say Nicki Minaj because she has her life together and is running the rap game right now, so I would have to have her be my role model because she is on top of the world.
10. What is your favorite memory from your time in Fort Dodge schools?
My favorite memory from school is in elementary school when we did the egg drop. Mine didn’t survive but it was still fun to see stuff being dropped out of the windows.