What Seniors Are Saying
Fort Dodge Senior High
Editor’s note: This Q& A features high-performing seniors from Fort Dodge Senior High throughout the school year.
1. What programs and activities do you participate in?
Football, baseball, wrestling, track and field, A Cappella Choir, Performers Club, Dodger Senate, National Honor Society, Fall Play, Spring Musical, Leadership Cadre, Water Polo Club, and Storytellers Club.
2. What academic accomplishment are you most proud of?
Football Team Captain, All-State Choir, All-State Large Group Speech, All-District Football, Homecoming King, being elected president and vice president of my grade(s) for Dodger Senate, and also being elected a National Honor Society Officer.
3. What’s your best piece of advice for younger students?
You won’t ever regret being open to new things and always trying your best at whatever you do.
4. What is your go-to song or artist?
5. What is your favorite class or subject and why?
I look forward to choir more than any other class. I love singing and Mr. Drees is an awesome director. As for a subject, I like history, because I think learning about the past is intriguing.
6. What is your favorite movie?
“Good Will Hunting” or “Shawshank Redemption.”
7. If you could have dinner with someone famous, who would it be and why?
Probably Anthony Rizzo. He plays for my favorite MLB team, the Chicago Cubs, and he plays the same position as me (first base). More importantly, he beat cancer and started his own foundation for it.
8. What are you working hardest on right now?
9. Who is your role model in life?
10. What is your favorite memory from your time in Fort Dodge schools?
I’m not sure of an exact one, but definitely the memories, and especially the relationships I’ve built through sports and other extracurricular activities.