What Seniors Are Saying
1. What programs and activities do you participate in?
I’ve done art and some theater the past few years. I tend to work more than have free time.
2. What academic accomplishment are you most proud of?
All of my art accomplishments and being able to push myself as hard as I can to get good grades. Also, writing my first real book.
3. What’s your best piece of advice for younger students?
If something in class is stressing you out, still ask for help. Always try to give 100% even when it’s difficult. If you aren’t sure about where to go in your life, it’s OK to change it. Your happiness needs to come above everything else.
4. What is your go-to song or artist? Strawberry Shortcake-Melanie Martinez: The meaning of this song resonates with me because it talks about societal pressures and differences between how men and women are treated.
5. What is your favorite class or subject and why?
Art and writing classes, I feel like I pay attention better and can express myself.
6. What is your favorite movie?
“Spirited Away” by Studio Ghibli
7. If you could have dinner with someone famous, who would it be and why?
Melanie Martinez. I’ve been a fan of her forever and I’m a major fan of how she represents things like eating disorders and societal issues. I feel like she’s the only singer/songwriter that has spoken about these.
8. What are you working hardest on right now?
9. Who is your role model in life?
My parents because they’ve pushed through so much in their lives.
10. What is your favorite memory from your time in Fort Dodge schools?
Meeting new friends is my favorite memory.