What Seniors Are Saying
Fort Dodge Senior High
1. What programs and activities do you participate in?
In high school I’ve been involved in National Honor Society, Ambassadors, Band, the 4-H International Culture Club, the Iowa-Kosovo Exchange Program, Silver Cord, and Iowa Central Early Bird Classes.
2. What academic accomplishment are you most proud of?
I’m most proud of myself for maintaining a 3.975 GPA and planning to graduate high school with 44 college credits.
3. What’s your best piece of advice for younger students?
My best advice to underclassmen would be to always do your best to stay motivated and inspired, and ensure that you care for your mental health. By having motivation and good mental health, you will be so much happier and you will better set yourself up for success.
4. What is your go-to song or artist?
My favorite artists will always be Elton John and Billy Joel.
5. What is your favorite class or subject and why?
My favorite subject is health science, and my favorite class has been Iowa Central Human Anatomy and Physiology with Mr. Long. That’s really the class that gave me my strong passion for healthcare. I love health science so much because it’s so fascinating and compelling, and I could truly study it for straight days and never get bored.
6. What is your favorite movie?
The movie “Beautiful Mind” is my favorite. It does an exceptional job of putting the audience into the shoes of the main character who struggles with schizophrenia.
7. If you could have dinner with someone famous, who would it be and why?
I’d love to have dinner with Florence Nightingale, one of the most remarkable nurses in history. I’d choose Ms. Nightingale because I aspire to become a nurse, and she is considered to be the founder of modern nursing.
8. What are you working hardest on right now?
Currently, I’m working the hardest on my college classes, scholarships and college planning.
9. Who is your role model in life?
My role model in life is my Aunt Jennie. She inspired me to dedicate my life to serving others, always do things with a good heart, see the best in others, and always hold Christian values close to my heart.
10. What is your favorite memory from your time in Fort Dodge schools?
My trip to Kosovo in July 2019 has definitely been my favorite memory. The trip shaped me into who I am today, and changed my life in many aspects. Class with Mr. Long and band are also wonderful memories.