What Seniors Are Saying
In step with Josh Meier — Fort Dodge Senior High Class of 2021
1. What programs and activities do you participate in?
I have participated in all aspects of band and choir, Performers Club (fall play and speech), the spring musical, Dodger Senate, soccer, cross country, National Honor Society and Storytellers.
2. What academic accomplishment are you most proud of?
I am most proud of maintaining a 4.0 GPA while taking challenging courses and being heavily involved in extracurricular activities.
3. What’s your best piece of advice for younger students?
Don’t procrastinate to the point of sacrificing sleep to get work done! I know from experience. You need to make your health a priority. Also, just get involved, challenge yourself with your classes and make amazing memories with your friends.
4. What is your go-to song or artist?
Nearly anything ranging from Hillsong Worship to Mumford and Sons to Broadway tunes. I’m not too particular.
5. What is your favorite class or subject and why?
Enjoyment-wise I would say band and choir because I get to create music and be with all of my closest friends. Academically, math is my favorite because I strive for the moments when a tough concept “clicks” and begins to make sense.
6. What is your favorite movie?
One of my favorites is definitely “Avengers: Endgame.”
7. If you could have dinner with someone famous, who would it be?
I think having dinner with Bill Gates would be pretty cool. He is a very intelligent and charitable person who has a lot of knowledge on relevant topics.
8. What are you working hardest on right now?
At the moment, I am working hardest at getting closer to a college decision and training for the upcoming cross country season.
9. Who is your role model in life?
My mother is one of my biggest role models. She has always emphasized hard work, the importance of learning and living a Christ-centered life.
10. What is your favorite memory from your time in Fort Dodge schools?
While there are simply too many memories to choose from, they all have one major thing in common — building relationships with my closest friends. They have made experiences like the band trip to Washington, D.C., and performing in “Big Fish” unforgettable.