Fort Dodge compost site will open Saturday
The compost site at the Department of Public Works central garage, 3001 Eighth Ave. S., will open to the general public on Saturday.
There will be no commercial access to the public works compost site.
COVID protocols implemented last year remain in effect. These protocols include:
• Appropriate social distancing of 6 feet by all individuals.
• Access into the disposal site will be limited to a set number of vehicles.
• Citizens must remain in their vehicles until they reach their assigned area to offload yard waste.
• All bags must be emptied and disposed of properly.
• Everyone is encouraged to wear a mask.
The normal operating rules also still apply. They are:
• Access is limited to all residents who live within the city limits and also pay for garbage service through the city.
• Pickup trucks or trailers with loose yard waste must be covered by a tarp to prevent items from blowing out.
• Tree branches must be separated from the leaves and grass.
Hours at the site are 8 a.m. to noon on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. It will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays. It will be closed on Wednesdays and holidays.