Area residents attend Missionary League convention at Camp Okoboji
The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League of Iowa West District held its 38th biennial convention June 28-30 at Camp Okoboji in Milford. More than 350 people attended.
The theme for the gathering was ”On Christ the solid rock I stand,” based on the gospel of Matthew, chapter seven, verse 24.
Local residents attending the convention included:
• Mary Rosburg, Fort Dodge Zone Lutheran Women’s Missionary League president
• Ann McBride, St. Paul Lutheran Church, Fort Dodge
• Jean Pride, St. Paul Lutheran Church, Fort Dodge
• Susan Macek, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Fort Dodge
• Carol Locke, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Fort Dodge
• Holly Vogt, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Fort Dodge
• Beverly Tomachewsky, St. Paul Lutheran Church, Webster City
• Beverly Timmerman, Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, Eagle Grove
The 210 voting delegates approved a mission funding goal of $210,000 for support of seminary students from Iowa and mission projects in Iowa and in various locations in the United States and the world.
Checks from previous funding were presented to Iowa Lakes Lutheran School, Camp Okoboji, the Spanish Ministry in Des Moines and Mercy Meals of Siouxland.
Attendees were inspired by representatives from Mission Central, of Mapleton; the league’s national organization; Iowa District West; and the national offices of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. They were also provided with resources available to help them continue to build their lives on Christ the solid rock and share Christ’s love with others.