St. Edmond gets a financial boost
Catholic education has been an important part of life in Fort Dodge almost since the town was founded. The first Catholic school got underway in 1862. The 154 years since have witnessed many changes and stupendous progress. The impressive educational complex that is today’s St. Edmond is a treasure admired and valued by the whole community and the envy of people elsewhere.
The world of the 21st century is vastly different from the America of the Civil War era. Even so, the dedication of the Catholic community to the enhancement of its educational system, which was robust from the very start, remains a powerful force in our day. That’s a commitment that deserves admiration and helps build a stronger Fort Dodge.
Schools are an expensive proposition. Privately funded educational enterprises can prosper only when those who prize their special qualities generate the monies required.
Consequently, when generous members of the community choose to provide the needed financial support, it is an occasion for rejoicing.
St. Edmond Catholic School has received a $216,000 gift from the estate of Richard Albright and Patty (Dwyer) Albright.
The school will use this generous donation to purchase a new school bus, upgrade lighting, enhance a tuition-assistance fund and help with other needs.
This impressive financial contribution is a powerful boost to St. Edmond.
Mary Gibb, St. Edmond’s president, paid tribute to the Albrights and like-minded supporters of the school.
“It’s a great feeling that so many people believe in the mission here at St. Edmond and want to continue to see us grow and prosper as an educational institution,” she said.
The Messenger applauds the Albright family for helping St. Edmond succeed.
Hopefully, this generous support will help inspire others who believe in the educational mission St. Edmond undertakes to think carefully about how they too can help.