No injuries reported in kitchen fire

-Messenger photo by Kelby Wingert
Combustible material on a stove was ignited, causing a small fire on Tuesday afternoon, according to Fort Dodge Fire Chief Steve Hergenreter. Fire crews were called to 1905 Second Ave. S. just before 1 p.m. Hergenreter said there was some fire damage in the kitchen and moderate smoke damage throughout the house. No injuries were reported and the homeowner’s two cats were OK.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today