Stove fire damages garage

-Messenger photo by Chad Thompson
Fort Dodge Firefighter Matt Newton removes a chimney from a Fort Dodge garage Tuesday after it caught fire. The chimney from the wood burning stove ignited combustible materials in the walls and ceiling, according to Fort Dodge Fire Chief Steve Hergenreter. The fire was reported at about 1:44 p.m. at 2943 Seventh Ave. S. Quick action by firefighters limited the damage and contained the fire to that area. No injuries were reported. There was some damage to the contents of the garage, but the majority of the damage occurred to the siding and roof. The Fort Dodge Police Department was also on scene.
-Messenger photo by Chad Thompson
Smoke fills the air near a Fort Dodge garage Tuesday afternoon. Fort Dodge firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the flames and no injuries were reported.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *

Starting at $2.99/week.

Subscribe Today