Candidates for District Court bench vacancy announced
The Judicial Nominating Commission for the Iowa District Court District 2B has named eight candidates who have applied for the vacant judicial seat, including four from Fort Dodge.
The vacancy was created earlier this summer when then-District Court Judge Gina Badding, of Carroll, was appointed to the Iowa Court of Appeals by Gov. Kim Reynolds.
The candidates for the open seat in District 2B are:
• Joseph McCarville, a district associate judge in Judicial District 2B from Fort Dodge.
•Jonathan Beaty, the Humboldt County attorney in Humboldt.
• Jerry Schnurr, an attorney with the Schnurr Law Firm P.C. in Fort Dodge.
• Joseph Tofilon, a district associate judge in Judicial District 2B from Fort Dodge.
• Derek Johnson, a district associate judge in Judicial District 2B from Fort Dodge.
• Jonathan Holscher, an assistant Story County attorney in Huxley.
• Arch Wilson, a defense attorney with a law office in Des Moines.
• Ben Meyer, an attorney at Meyer Law P.C. in Laurens and magistrate in Pocahontas County.
The applicants will interview with the District 2B Judicial Nominating Commission on Tuesday at the Boone County Courthouse. The nominating commission will then select two candidates to present to the governor, who will make an appointment to the District Court.