No injuries reported in house fire
The Fort Dodge Fire Department responded to a house fire Wednesday morning at 212 S. 16th St.
According to a press release from the department, home owner Roger Peterson noticed smoke coming from a second-floor bedroom and called 911 at about 9:41 a.m.
Fire crews arrived on scene and worked to quickly extinguish flames in the bedroom. They were able to contain the blaze to the one bedroom, preventing spread to other rooms on the second floor and the attic.
One bedroom was damaged by smoke and fire. The entire second floor of the home sustained smoke damage.
A window air conditioning unit was found to be the cause of the fire, the department reported.
FDFD was on scene for an hour and was assisted by the Fort Dodge Police Department.