×

Electric wiring short causes Wednesday house fire

-Submitted photo
The Fort Dodge Fire Department responded to a house fire at 2058 Third Ave. N. on Wednesday morning. A neighbor had noticed smoke and called 911 shortly before 9 a.m. There were no injuries reported.
-Submitted photo
The Fort Dodge Fire Department Responded to a house fire at 2058 Third Ave. N. shortly before 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. The homeowner and her pet were able to escape safely.

An electrical short in the wiring in the attic of a Fort Dodge home caused a Wednesday morning house fire, according to the Fort Dodge Fire Department.

Fire crews were called to 2058 Third Ave. N. shortly before 9 a.m. Wednesday after a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the home’s roof and called 911. The neighbor also notified the occupant of the house, Mary Gunderson, who was able to escape unharmed, along with her pet.

According to a press release from the department, fire crews immediately began an aggressive interior fire attack, opening ceiling areas and finding fire in the living room, kitchen and attic areas. They were able to quickly contain the fire to the attic area.

The home suffered fire damage to the attic and smoke damage throughout. The Red Cross is providing assistance to the displaced homeowner.

FDFD was assisted on the scene by Fort Dodge Police and MidAmerican Energy.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today