×

3 departments respond to trailer fire

-Messenger photo by Kelby Wingert A vacuum trailer for an insulation company was a total loss after a fire near Lehigh on Monday afternoon. At around 2:30 p.m., Lehigh Fire Department was dispatched to 2967 McGuire Bend Road for a trailer on fire in the road. According to Lehigh Fire Chief Aaron Morris, the trailer was still smoking and had a few flames when the department arrived and finished extinguishing the blaze. He said the vacuum machine inside the trailer malfunctioned, igniting nearby materials. No injuries were reported. The Lehigh Fire Department was assisted by the Harcourt Fire Department, Dayton Fire Department and Webster County Emergency Management Services.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today