FD council OKs police contract
Union members to receive 1.5 percent raises
A new one-year contract with unionized police officers was approved by the Fort Dodge City Council on Monday.
The pact with Public Professional and Maintenance Employees Local 2003 goes into effect July 1 and runs through June 30, 2021.
Union members will receive a 1.5 percent raise on July 1 and a 1.5 percent raise on Jan. 1, 2021.
The contract covers about 37 officers.
The council approved the contract unanimously without debate.
In other business, the council:
• Bought property at 811 Fourth Ave. N. from Thomas Farhat, of Slater, for $35,000. The site will be cleared for redevelopment.
• Purchased light bars, in-car camera systems and other electronics for police vehicles from Keltek, of Baxter, for $44,120.21.
• Approved purchase of rock salt for the Public Works Department from Land O’Lakes/Purina Animal Nutrition of Hutchinson, Kansas, for $71 a ton.
• Purchased a dump body, crane and hydraulics package for a public works truck from Hiway Truck Equipment, of Fort Dodge, for $33,563.
• Gave final approval to vacating a right-of-way next to Amigo’s, 280 N. First St.