FDSH Large Group Speech performs at Districts
Fort Dodge Senior High students prepared 14 entries for the Iowa High School Speech Association District Large Group Speech Contest, Jan. 25.
Twelve Fort Dodge Senior High speech groups received Division I ratings and will move on to the State Large Group Speech Contest on Feb. 8.
Varsity Division I Ratings:
* One-Act Play: “Cinderella Wore Combat Boots” — Akeylah Wilson, Moira Buie, Dennis Morgan, Katelyn Ganzeveld, Connor Bruns, Anna Marxen, Isabel Beekman.
* Group Improvisation Team CWP — Keiona Crooks, Ash Wacholtz, LaShae Pettigrew.
* Group Improvisation Team LAB — Jacob Laird, Kaleb Anderson, Connor Bruns.
* Group Improvisation Team BLAC — Moira Buie, Taishonna Ludwig, Chase Anderson, Rose Coppinger.
* Ensemble Acting: “Iris of a Sparrow” — Josh Meier, Malaney Butrick, Jerri Evans.
* Ensemble Acting: “Children of a Lesser God” — Antavion Adams, Grace Champagne.
* Choral Reading: “Little Match Girl” — Alex Dohrn, Josh Meier, Bo Tracy, Isabel Beekman, Reagan Black, Maddy Vinchattle, Gracie Miller, Cayci Bidleman, Hannah Drummond.
* Solo Mime “Rebirth” — Antavion Adams.
* Musical Theater: “Singin’ in the Rain” — Joey Kelley, Cayci Bidleman, Cole Hamlow.
* Short Film “Hints” — Chase Anderson, Estella Moffitt, Sammi Millea, Ash Wacholtz, Destiny Farhat, Keiona Crooks.
Junior Varsity Division I Ratings:
* Choral Reading: “Olympics” — Dominic Berry, Grace Casciato, Julia Sande, Brayden Schmieder, Mikeal Campbell, Hope Miller, Britta McCollum, Kathryn Delaney.
* Short Film: “Rebellion” — Julia Sande.
Varsity Division II Ratings:
* Ensemble Acting: “The Day After Forever” — Anna Marxen, Victoria Pavik, Gracie Miller.
Junior Varsity Division II Ratings:
* Readers Theater: “Flowers for Algernon: An Adaptation” — Britta McCollum, Hope Miller, Aliyah Henry.
“The students shined at Districts,” said Lindey Krug, FDSH speech coach. “Their hard work and performances were rewarded with outstanding ratings. I’m proud of all our kids and look forward to their performances at State.”