Fugitive Tased after leading chase through FD

Panzi taken into custody by federal marshals

-Messenger photo by Joe Sutter Paramedics load Chad Panzi into an ambulance after he was arrested following a chase that ended at 701 Forest Ave. Fort Dodge police said Panzi was tazed after he refused to put his hands up. Police assissted U.S. Marshals in serving a federal arrest warrent.

A federal fugitive was Tased Thursday after leading law enforcement on a chase through Fort Dodge.

Chad Panzi, 36, of Fort Dodge, was wanted on a federal warrant for probation violation. He was arrested Thursday afternoon, but not before leading Fort Dodge police and federal marshals through parts of the city.

Fort Dodge Police Chief Roger Porter said officers with the Police Department, along with the Webster County Drug Task Force, teamed up with the United States Marshals Service at 12:17 p.m. to arrest Panzi.

They were en route to Panzi’s suspected location in the northwest part of town when the chase began, Porter said.

But as they approached, they saw him leaving in a white Chevrolet Monte Carlo.

-Messenger photo by Joe Sutter Fort Dodge Police, Webster County Sheriff’s deputies and U.S. Marshals converged on this house following a chase through northwest Fort Dodge. Officials said Chad Panzi ran from arrest in the white Monte Carlo at center when marshals tried to arrest him on a federal warrant. No one was injured in the chase.

Porter said the officers tried to stop Panzi, but he took off.

Eventually, according to Porter, the fugitive stopped his car near Seventh Avenue North and Forest Avenue, got out and went into a home at 709 Forest Ave.

Officers chased Panzi into the house.

When he refused to respond to officers’ orders to show his hands, he was Tased.

Emergency personnel from UnityPoint Health — Trinity Regional Medical Center and the Fort Dodge Fire Department were called and asked to evaluate Panzi before he was taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals Service.

Porter said Panzi may be charged locally with attempting to flee from police, but no charges have been filed yet.