No injuries in van fire

-Submitted photo Fort Dodge firefighters extinguish a fire in a van Thursday afternoon at The Muffler Center, 3585 Fifth Ave. S. Fire Chief Steve Hergenreter said a fire ignited in the engine compartment of the 2003 Chevrolet while it was parked inside the garage at the business. He said the business owner used a forklift to pull it out of the building before firefighters arrived. Firefighters found flames coming from the engine compartment and spreading into the rest of the vehicle. Hergenreter said the van was a total loss, but there was no damage to the building. No one was hurt in the fire, which was reported at 3:40 p.m.