Spring cleanup continues in Fort Dodge
The annual spring cleanup collection in Fort Dodge will be conducted Wednesday for the area south of Second Avenue North and east of 15th Street.
Items to be picked up must be placed at curbside not more than 24 hours before the collection, but they must be placed curbside before 8 a.m. on the collection day.
Nothing will be picked up in the alleys.
The following items will not be picked up:
• Tires (Contact landfill at 573-5381.).
• Vehicle batteries (Contact landfill.)
• Auto parts (Contact landfill).
• Liquid waste such as paint, varnish, motor oil (Contact household hazardous waste center at 576-5866.)
• Needles and syringes (Contact household hazardous waste center.)
• Disassembled electronics.
• Appliances (Contact recycling center at 955-2781 or a salvage yard.)
• Lumber or drywall.
Swing sets and clothes line poles must be taken apart, and no concrete can be on the poles.
Rags and torn or dirty clothing should be placed in the regular garbage can.
The regular recycling collection will also be done while the spring cleanup collection is underway.
Recycling containers should be separated from the spring cleanup items at the curb.