Fifth Avenue South project to begin
The reconstruction of part of Fifth Avenue South in Fort Dodge will begin Monday.
Both eastbound lanes of Fifth Avenue South between 31st and 32nd streets will be closed beginning Monday, according to the Fort Dodge city engineering staff. The westbound lanes will be temporarily converted to one lane of traffic going in each direction.
The project will include:
• Grinding off the existing asphalt and putting down new asphalt.
• Building sidewalks on both sides of the street.
• Creating pedestrian crosswalks at the intersections.
• Putting up limestone pillars and other decorative elements at the corners.
• Erecting black metal fencing.
• Installing new street lights.
Castor Construction, of Fort Dodge, has a $1,084,500.65 contract for the job.