Food on stove was cause of fire call

-Messenger photo by Bill Shea
Two Fort Dodge firefighters stand by near the door of an apartment building, while a third, visible through a second story window, works in an apartment that filled with smoke after something left on the stove ignited. The incident at 447 N. 27th St. was reported at 5:01 p.m. Wednesday. Fire Chief Steve Hergenreter said the food on the stove fire generated a lot of smoke, prompting neighbors to call 911. He said no one was home in the apartment, so firefighters had to force the door open. He said the apartment sustained smoke damage, but no real fire damage.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today