Trinity at a glance — 2016
Editor’s note: This information was provided by UnityPoint Health — Fort Dodge.
• UnityPoint Health Partners, the Accountable Care Organization of UnityPoint Health, was selected to participate in the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services new accountable care organization model called the Next Generation ACO Model, building on experience from the Pioneer ACO Model and the Medicare Shared Savings Program.
• Kevin Vermeer was appointed the new chief executive officcer of UnityPoint Health. Vermeer started at UnityPoint Health at Allen Hospital in Waterloo in 2000. For the last six years he has served as CFO and CSO at the system level with time in between as the CFO for UnityPoint Health — Trinity in Rock Island, Illinois and Interim CEO of UnityPoint Health — Trinity in Muscatine, Iowa.
• UnityPoint Health — Berryhill Center received a three year accreditation with Department of Human Services, the highest designation a Community Mental Health Center can achieve.
• Aaron McHone, executive director for UnityPoint Health — Berryhill Center, accepted the position of Accountable Care Organization executive sponsor.
• Ann Jagels, RN, 3 North was awarded the DAISY award. Jagels was nominated by two co-workers and two patients all sharing how compassionate she was, as well as helping patients understand their care.
• Stephanie McElroy accepted the position of Hospice clinical supervisor for UnityPoint at Home in Fort Dodge. McElroy has been working as a nurse for 10 years with experience in Med/ Surg, ICU, the Pain Center and most recently in Home Care and Hospice as the quality specialist in the Fort Dodge and Storm Lake region.
• Jennifer Crimmins joined UnityPoint at Home team in our Fort Dodge region as executive director of Operations.
• The Sleep Lab received approval from WPS Health Insurance for Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility.
• Family Medicine — Humboldt started a clinic-based program for virtual care visits, in addition to traditional provider visits.
• Dr. Shane Hopkins, radiation oncologist, was honored for receiving his Fellowship with the American College of Radiation Oncology.
• UnityPoint Health — Trinity Regional Medical Center was named one of iVantage Health Analytics’ Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the United States. Trinity scored in the top three percent of rural and community hospitals in the United States on iVantage’s Hospital Strength INDEX.
• UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine — Pocahontas was awarded the highest level of recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home 2014 Program.
• Trinity’s Ambulance Service was accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services. Trinity is one of four accredited ambulance services in the state of Iowa.