A natural gas leak occurred in Fort Dodge Friday afternoon when a car knocked a gas meter off a house.
No one was injured and no evacuations were necessary.
The incident at 1520 Fifth Ave. N. was reported at about 4:45 p.m.
Fire Department Lt. Mitch Halverson said firefighters shut off the flow of gas. He said the vehicle that struck the gas meter left before firefighters arrived.
Police and firefighters were on the scene for about one hour. MidAmerican Energy crews were at the site Friday evening making repairs.
713 Central Ave. , Fort Dodge, IA 50501 | 515-573-2141