Tuesday marked Webster County Supervisor Bob Singer's last day as board chairperson.
The board of supervisors had a light agenda at its regular meeting Tuesday morning. During the meeting, Fort Dodge City Councilman Kim Alstott thanked Singer for his service.
Singer, a Democrat, was appointed as chairperson for the year 2013. He was first elected to the board in 2008 and is serving in his second term. Supervisors are elected for four-year terms.
"Thank you for your leadership," said Supervisor Merrill Leffler, "and also personally for some mentoring and other things you've done in my first year."
"When I've had questions you've taken the time to give me guidance on how to find or research different things," said Supervisor Mark Campbell. "We appreciate your leadership."
Singer had high praise for the board.
"I think collectively this is by far and away the best board that I've ever served on," Singer said. "Each member is actively involved with their board duties, they're willing to put in the time necessary, whether it's one hour or whether it's eight hours a day."
The board members are willing to listen to all viewpoints, even when they disagree, and never hold grudges, Singer said.
"I believe we have been good stewards with the taxpayers' money in the time that I've been here, but also in the previous four years before that," he said.
He also thanked the county employees, and the auditor's office, which has to work closely with the board of supervisors chairperson.
The board will appoint a new chairperson at its reorganization meeting at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Webster County Courthouse. The board will also vote to:
- Approve The Messenger, Dayton Review and Gowrie News as the official newspapers of Webster County for 2014.
- Approve 2014 committee and board assignments for Webster County supervisors.
- Approve Eric Eide as drainage attorney for 2014.
- Appoint Cody Peterson as weed commissioner for 2014.
- Appoint Sheilah Lizer as planning and zoning administrator for 2014.
- Approve the following appointments: Jerry Beck to Conservation Board; Bob Stark to Board of Adjustment; Jon Anderson, Garrett Geisler and Bill Kahl to Planning and Zoning Board.
- Approve the following appointments to the Safety Committee: Singer, James V. Stubbs, Amy Porter, Tony Jorgenson, Matt Cosgrove, Kari Prescott, Randy Will, Jamie Johll, Jan Messerly and Doug Vinson.
- Approve appointment of Dr. Daniel J. Cole as medical examiner for a two-year term.
- Approve members of the condemnation jury.
Go to www.youtube.com/
messengernewsdotnet for full video of the meeting.