HUMBOLDT -- A fire which heavily damaged Pasquale's Italian Restaurant in Humboldt apparently started when a fan shorted out, catching paper and cardboard on fire, according to Humboldt Fire Chief Tony Hosford.
The police department discovered the fire around 10:27 p.m. Wednesday. The Humboldt Fire Department responded and extinguished the blaze. Hosford said there was a major amount of smoke and fire damage to the inside of the restaurant.
-Messenger photo by Emilie Nelson-Jenson
Police tape blocks off the entrance to the Pasquales Restaurant in Humboldt Thursday morning. According to Humboldt Police the Humboldt Fire Department was dispatched to the popular eatery at 10:27 p.m. Wednesday. The structure received significant fire and smoke damage to its interior. A short in an exhaust fan likely caused the fire.