Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Firemen stifle Sports Page fire

November 1, 2012
Messenger News
-Messenger photo by Peter Kaspari

Fort Dodge Firefighters leave The Sports Page, 2707 N. 15th St., after responding to a call about a fire in the restaurant’s kitchen about 10:45 a.m. Wednesday. Fire Capt. Steve Hergenreter said it appeared a flexible gas line had started leaking, which caused a fire when the ovens were turned on. The restaurant’s general manager, Paul Cain, said the line probably started leaking after the oven was pulled out and cleaned before the restaurant opened. Cain said two employees, who were right next to the flames when they began “shooting out,” were able to keep the fire under control — one by putting out the fire with an extinguisher and one by shutting off the gas. “We’re lucky nobody got hurt,” Cain said. “You just can’t predict things like that.” He added the line was repaired before the restaurant opened for lunch.
 
 

 

I am looking for: