Iowa Central Community College is now accepting nominations for the 2012 Triton Hall of Fame. Nominees for the Distinguished Alumni, Triton Athletic and Triton Humanitarian Awards are needed. Iowa Central will welcome its third class of inductees at the 2012 Alumni Banquet, in conjunction with the 2012 Homecoming Alumni Weekend festivities Oct. 6.
There are no restrictions on who may nominate someone. However, those nominating someone must be identified and secure the permission of the nominee. The nominator must also secure two letters of recommendations to be submitted to Laurie Hendricks, Iowa Central's vice president of development and alumni relations. All nominees will be reviewed by a selection committee. The 2012 class will be announced in the fall.
Each nominee must have attended Iowa Central Community College, Eagle Grove Junior College, Webster City Junior College or Fort Dodge Junior College. Nomination forms can be picked up in person from Laurie Hendricks, or downloaded at www.iowacentral.edu/foundation/athletic-award.asp?f=t>.
TRITON HUMANITARIAN AWARD
A nominee must meet at least three of the following to be eligible for induction:
1. Demonstrates high standards of integrity and character.
2. Demonstrates achievement in his/her respected vocation or life's work.
3. Demonstrates strong support of Iowa Central through contributions; either financial, material, or service of time, talent, or treasure.
4. Through dedication and character, has inspired others to higher achievement.
5. Demonstrates leadership/service to his/her home community.
DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI AWARD
A nominee must meet the following to be eligible for induction:
1. The Iowa Central Community College graduate has been locally, nationally or internationally recognized for contributions to his/her profession or community.
2. Alumni to be honored must have been removed from Iowa Central Community College a minimum of five years.
TRITON ATHLETIC AWARD
A nominee must meet one of four qualifications to be eligible for induction:
1. Attended Iowa Central Community College and had an outstanding career as an athlete.
2. Coached and gained acclaim for his/her program, Iowa Central, and the community.
3. Served as an administrator and demonstrated outstanding leadership and service to Iowa Central's athletic programs.
4. Made a considerable commitment to the betterment of athletics at Iowa Central Community College.
A nominee must also meet one of the following criteria:
1. Former athletes to be honored must have been removed from Iowa Central Community College a minimum of five years.
2. Coaches, administrators, and supporters must have been officially removed from Iowa Central Community College at least two years.
3. A supporter who has a demonstrated commitment to Triton athletics.