LAKE CITY - A house in Lake City was damaged by a fire of electrical origin Wednesday evening.
No one was injured, and the house should be fully repaired in a few weeks, according to Fire Chief Mel Alcox.
''Luckily, she had a smoke detector which started beeping and howling and got her attention,'' he said. ''It was 5 to 7 feet from the fire so it picked it up right away.''
The fire at 503 N. Edna St. was reported at 6:45 p.m.
Alcox said the fire started in wiring connected to a ceiling fan. He said firefighters had to pull down part of the ceiling to extinguish the flames.
He said the resident of the house is staying with relatives in Lake City.
713 Central Ave. , Fort Dodge, IA 50501 | 515-573-2141