Two employees of the Fort Dodge Law Enforcment Center, which is being remodeled, were overcome by epoxy paint fumes Thursday afternoon.
One employee was able to return to work, while the other was taken to Trinity Regional Medical Center.
"The construction workers have fans ventilating the LEC," assistant fire chief Woody Wolfe said. "The painter has suspended his painting operations for now."
Wolfe added that large fans were brought in to help recirculate the air, and that operations have returned to normal.
Two fire engines and an ambulance responded to the scene, blocking off First Avenue South to all traffic.
Citing privacy laws, Wolfe could not identify the two victims.
Contact Peter Kaspari at (515) 573-2141 or firstname.lastname@example.org