Electrical problem caused smoke at Kalo residence

KALO — A report of smoke coming from a house didn’t lead to anything serious Friday afternoon.

Otho and Duncombe fire departments were called to 2494 Hilltop Drive in Kalo at about 3:05 p.m. Otho Fire Chief Marty Smith said there was an electrical short in the house which caused some smoke.

There was no fire, Smith said, and no real damage. The resident of the home was not there at the time.

The Duncombe Fire Department was told to disregard the call after Otho arrived, Smith said. The Webster County Sheriff’s Department also responded.

COMMENTS