Wood stove ignites garage near Lehigh

-Messenger photo by Chad Thompson
Brandon Osborne, a Dayton volunteer firefighter, shoots water at the side of a garage near Lehigh Tuesday afternoon. According to Aaron Morris, Lehigh volunteer fire chief, the north wall of the structure caught fire from a nearby wood stove. Morris said the garage, located at 1096 290th St., was empty at the time of the fire. No one was injured, he said. Lehigh Volunteer Fire Department, Dayton Volunteer Fire Department and the Iowa Department of Natural Resources were on scene.

COMMENTS