Goodwill closes Sunday due to electrical issue

Alan Angstrom, Fort Dodge firefighter, left, checks the temperature of a meter socket outside of Goodwill Sunday afternoon. Mike Wiltzius, Fort Dodge firefighter, looks on at right. According to Capt. Paul Neeson, smoke was reported in the building. Neeson said a meter socket shorted out. MidAmerican Energy Co. was called to the scene to turn off electricity to the building. No one was injured. The clothing store was closed the rest of the day and may be closed part of Monday, Neeson reported. The Fort Dodge Police Department was also on scene.

COMMENTS