With most of the cold field work in the rearview, the annual Ag Show will heat up Dec. 5 & 6
Webster County Pork Producers-sponsored hog raffle will benefit Iowa Central ag department scholarship fund
Farm News is hosting its 17th annual Ag Show at the Iowa Central Community College East Campus, 2031 Quail Ave., in Fort Dodge.
The show will be Dec. 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Dec. 6 from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
More than 30,000 square feet of exhibitor space and exhibitors from Iowa and surrounding states will showcase their latest state-of-the-art technology in grain products, equipment, ag services, seed varieties and farm toys. Parking is free, and there is no admission charge.
There will be a raffle for a chance to win one of two half hogs. Extra tickets can be purchased at the Farm News booth at one for $5 or three for $10. All proceeds from the raffle will go to Iowa Central Community College Agriculture Department scholarship fund.
The hog will be provided by the Webster County Pork Producers Association and the processing will be provided by Lohrville Locker. The half hogs are valued at $200 each.
Drawing for a toolbox
Those attending the show can register to win a Kubota two-piece, 19-drawer toolbox, valued at more than $2,400. The toolbox is provided by R & J Material Handling, of Fort Dodge, and Farm News.
Farm News will carry on its long tradition of providing informational speakers on both days of the show. They will include:
• Ed Case, consultant for Hurley & Associates, will speak from 9 to 10:15 a.m. on Wednesday and will discuss “Stay Committed to a Successful Marketing Approach Even During Uncertain Times.” Case’s appearance is sponsored by Hurley & Associates.
• Matt Helmers, director of the Iowa Nutrient Research Center, will speak from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Wednesday and will discuss “Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy: Challenges and Opportunities.”
• Kelvin Leibold, farm and ag business management specialist with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, will speak from 1 to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday and will discuss “Factors Impacting Future Farm Profits in a Global Economy.” Leibold’s appearance is sponsored by United Bank of Iowa, Fort Dodge.
• Diann L. Andrews, estate and succession planning specialist for NextStage Legacy Advisors, will speak 3 to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday and will speak about “Preserving Your Legacy, Protecting Their Future.” Andrews’ appearance is sponsored by NextStage Legacy Advisors.
• Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University climatologist, will speak from 8:30 to 10 a.m. on Thursday and will discuss “Weather Outlook for 2019.” Taylor’s appearance is sponsored by Prinsco.
• David Kruse, president of CommStock Investments and author of the CommStock Report, will speak Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to noon. He will be speaking about “America First, Agriculture Last.” Kruse’s appearance is sponsored by John Pitzer Sales and The Country Store.
• Bob Hartzler, professor of weed science at Iowa State University will speak from 1 until 2:30 p.m. on Thursday. His talk is titled “It’s Time to Re-think Weed Control.”
Lunch will be provided on site by the Webster County Pork Producers Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and on Thursday by the Webster County Beef Producers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Meals will be served by the Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance ambassadors with the help of Iowa Central Community College agricultural students.
There will be a free pancake breakfast for the first 525 guests on Thursday from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. The breakfast is catered by Chris Cakes and is sponsored by Webster County Farm Bureau.
Farm News Ag Show partners include Iowa Central Community College, Webster County Farm Bureau, R & J Material Handling, Prinsco, United Bank of Iowa Fort Dodge, John Pitzer Sales, Lohrville Locker, The Country Store, Hurley & Associates, NextStage Legacy Advisors, Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance, Blue Ribbon Pelham Waters, Webster County ISU Extension, Webster County Pork Producers and the Webster County Beef Producers.
For more information, contact Dana Lantz, Farm News advertising manager, 713 Central Ave., Fort Dodge, IA 50501 or email@example.com, or by calling 515-74-4451, ext. 450.