Decker Truck Line selected for Trailblazer Award
Decker Truck Line was among six recipients of the SmartDrive®Trailblazer Award, which honors fleet customers that are innovators, movers and shakers within the industry. Decker was honored at SmartDrive’s customer conference in Atlanta in June.
Decker Truck Line was chosen for:
• Maintaining a low SmartDrive Safety Score, an objective measurement of each driver’s performance and exposure to risk,
• Providing driver coaching on a high percentage (85 percent) of risk events captured, and achieving improved SmartDrive Safety Scores as a direct result of coaching,
• Demonstrating steady improvement in its SmartDrive Safety Score while coaching remotely,
• Foregoing a pilot program and completing installation of the SmartDrive system quickly in all 800 flatbed and refrigerated trucks, to begin protecting its entire fleet and the motoring public immediately.
• Involving its Driver Council Committee in the rollout of the SmartDrive system to ensure drivers fully understood and embraced the new safety program
Decker Truck Line has been family-owned and operated since 1931. During its first 45 years, Decker’s business concentrated on Midwestern routes transporting construction materials, steel and food products. Now, with 800 trucks and nearly 1,600 trailers, Decker is a diversified carrier with capabilities to transport flatbed freight, refrigerated freight and van freight throughout the United States.