Women marketing grain series
ALTOONA — A four-session Women Marketing Grain Series will be offered to assist women in developing plans for marketing old and new crop corn and soybeans. The series will begin on Thursday evening, June 8, and meets over four consecutive Thursday evenings – June 8, 15, 22, and 29, at the DMACC West Campus, 5959 Grand Ave, West Des Moines. Registration is due June 1.
In this course, women will learn how to:
• Recognize crop marketing terms and sources of obtaining current futures and cash market prices
• Understand basis, futures carry, cost of grain ownership, supply/demand fundamentals, and technical chart signals
• Recognize seasonal price trends
• Use crop marketing tools including spot cash sales, forward contracts, hedge-to-arrive contracts, futures hedging and the use of put and call options
• Develop a crop marketing plan
Classes are 6-9 p.m. with a free meal served at 5:30 p.m. Registration for this series is $75. For questions, please contact Cortney Garrington at (515) 961-6237 or email@example.com. To register, visit http://www.aep.iastate.edu/ womeninag.