Area schools, students place at 4th Triton Jazz Festival
The 4th Annual Triton Jazz Festival was held in Decker Auditorium on Iowa Central’s campus on Jan. 12-13.
Twenty-two jazz bands from Class 1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A high schools performed for a panel of judges and then participated in a separate clinical session.
First, second, and third place rankings were as follows:
• Class 1A High Schools: first place — South O’Brien I; second place — Maple Valley-Anthon Oto; third place — Newell Fonda.
• Class 2A High Schools: first place –Okoboji; second place — Southeast Valley; third place — Roland Story.
• Class 3A High Schools: first place — Gilbert; second place — Storm Lake; third place — Clear Lake.
• Class 4A High Schools: first place — Fort Dodge I, second place — Fort Dodge II.
A gallery of images from all of the performing schools can be found on Iowa Central’s Facebook page — www.facebook.com/iowacentral.
Local students that received Soloist Awards are:
• Class 1A — Sammie Bovero and Sebastian Tovar, from Newell-Fonda.
• Class 2A — Hunter Johnson and Landon Stone, Manson Northwest Webster; and Danielle Neumann, Pocahontas Area Schools.
• Class 3A — Tyler Geopfert, Webster City; Tia Woeste, Sam Cordero and Jared Knapp, Humboldt Jazz 1.
• Class 4A — Collin Ellsbury and Ali Paulsen, Fort Dodge Senior High.