FDSH students earn 13 awards at Art Show
On April 11, Fort Dodge Senior High students participated in the CIML Conference Art Show.
The show included students from Fort Dodge, Ames, Marshalltown and Mason City high schools.
Each school submitted up to 35 works. Upon arrival, the students viewed the art show and voted on artwork to receive the Student Choice Award. The judges awarded at least one Blue Merit and one Honorable Mention per category. FDSH students received 13 awards, including Best of Show.
Best of Show
• Brookelynne Hemrick in photography-digital for “The G.O.A.T.”
Blue Merit Awards
• Gina Kramer in oil or acrylic painting for “The Angry Young Man of Hollywood.”
• Brianna Galvan in watercolor, tempera or gouache painting for “Hey Corg-eous.”
• Josh Harrison in watercolor, tempera or gouache painting for “Lone.”
• Gabby Estlund in graphic design for a commercial purpose for “Pandora’s Box.”
• Caitlin Grogran in non-ceramic sculpture for “Terrain.”
• Logan Finowski in photography-altered for “Logan the Lumberjack.”
Honorable Mention Awards
• Hanna Pringle in oil or acrylic painting for “Hot.”
• Landon McMahon in watercolor, tempera or gouache painting for “The Cheese Stands Alone.”
• Logan Finowski in graphite pencil drawing for “#6.”
• Trey Mosley in graphite pencil drawing for “#21 Savage.”
• Hannah Wadle in non-ceramic sculpture for “In the Element.”
• Olivia Pattison in photography-unaltered for “Aurora.”
“We are very proud of the students selected to have their artwork as part of this show,” said Lori Daniel, FDSH art instructor. “The CIML Conference show is the highest art competition for our school and it was great to see so many students have their art chosen for awards among such talented competition.”